ECOBOOST MPPT 40AMP W/METER
MORNINGSTAR ECOBOOST MAXIMUM POWER POINT TRACKING SOLAR CONTROLLER • 12/24V 40AMP WITH METER
Reference No. SR-EB-MPPT-40M
Morningstar EcoBoost MPPT Solar charge controller:
The EcoBoost MPPT™ solar charge controller brings Morningstar’s proprietary TrakStar Technology™ to our new line of Essentials controllers and accessories. The EcoBoost controllers automatically detect 12 or 24 V system configuration. They are highly efficient and accurate controllers designed to ensure that batteries attain a complete state of charge.
They are also sophisticated load controllers. Using this feature to manage DC power consumption protects the batteries from over discharge and helps ensure long term system reliability. Small DC loads can be powered directly from the EcoBoost by way of two USB charging ports.
Morningstar EcoBoost controllers act as the central brain of PV powered DC electrical systems up to 1,120 watts and offer outstanding value, performance and dependability.
- Rugged, Maintenance-free Design conformally coated circuit board and corrosion resistant terminals.
- Maximizes Energy Harvest
- Using TrakStar MPPT technology to determine and adjust to the true maximum power point as solar insolation changes throughout the day.
- High Efficiency at low, medium, and high power levels.
- Optional Meter provides access to system operational information including current and historical performance data. All EcoBoost “M” controllers include the meter.
- USB Charging. Two USB ports with 3 amps of shared charging capacity to charge today’s modern mobile devices.
- Self Diagnostics
- Continuous monitoring and reporting of any errors through its status LED’s, or its optional display.
- Lighting Controller uses PV array to switch at dusk and dawn.
- Load Controller connects DC loads directly to the controller. Programmable load disconnect to protect batteries.
- PV Array Flexibility enables 2 modules in series to charge a 12V or 24V battery system.
Nominal Battery Voltage
12V or 24V auto-detect
Battery Voltage Range
<= 0.1% +/- 50mV
Maximum Battery Current
10A, 20A or 30A
Maximum PV open-circuit voltage
Load Current Rating
10A, 20A or 30A
(1) status, (3) Battery state of charge
Transient Surge Protection
1500 Watts (solar, battery, load)
-40°C to + 60°C
-40°C to + 80°C
conformal coating, marine-rated terminals
Dimensions (W x L x D)
196 x 173 x 71 cm
Wire Size Range
Power Terminals: 2.5 – 16 mm2 / 14 – 6 AWG
Battery/Temp. Sense: 0.25 – 1.0 mm2 / 24 – 16 AWG
IP20, Type 1
overload, short-circuit, high voltage, reverse polarity, high temperature, nighttime reverse current
overload, short-circuit, high temperature, reverse polarity
reverse polarity (no battery removal)
Bulk, Absorption, Float, Equalize
Temperature Compensation Coefficient
Absorption, Float, Equalize, HVD
Load & Lighting Control
Low Voltage Disconnect, Low Voltage Reconnect Settings
11.4 V / 12.6 V or Custom (x2 for 24 volt systems)
Dusk to Dawn
CE, TUV Listed