FILAX 2 TRANSFER SWITCH CE 230V/50HZ-240V/60HZ
ULTRA-FAST TRANSFER SWITCH • DESIGNED TO SWITCH CRITICAL OR SENSITIVE LOADS
Reference No. SDFI0000000
Filax 2: the ultra-fast transfer switch:
The Filax has been designed to switch critical or sensitive loads, such as computers, industrial controls or modern entertainment equipment from one AC source to another. The priority source typically is the mains, a generator or shore power. The alternate source typically is an inverter. With its switching time of less than 20 milliseconds sensitive loads will continue to operate without disruption. The Filax is not intended to supply high power household equipment like washing machines, or electric motors.
Open transition transfer:
The Filax is an open transition (break before make) transfer switch. The maximum load transfer time is 16ms. The load is normally supplied by the priority source, and is transferred to the alternate source if:
-The voltage of the priority source drops below the threshold value.
-The frequency of the priority source drops below the low frequency threshold value, or increases beyond the high frequency threshold value.
Reverse transfer from the alternate source to the priority source is initiated when the priority source has operated within the voltage and frequency reverse switching limits during 30s.
• Install the Filax in a dry, well-ventilated area.
• The input cables from the generator/mains, the inverter and the output cables to the appliances should be connected according to the wiring diagram.
• If a load of less than 850 Watts is connected, then the wire bridges should be removed.
• The frequency (50Hz or 60Hz) is set with a jumper. 50Hz no jumper placed. 60Hz jumper placed (see photo) If the jumper is not set for the frequency the voltage switching threshold levels will be incorrect.
• Both inputs must be protected against current levels higher than 16 amps.
• The front of the casing is attached using the four supplied screws.
• The Filax is now ready for use.
Priority source: low voltage switching threshold
Priority source: low voltage reverse switching threshold
Priority source: low frequency switching threshold
Priority source: low frequency reverse switching threshold
Priority source: high frequency switching threshold
Priority source: high frequency reverse switching threshold
Priority source: maximum continuous input voltage
Alternate source: maximum continuous input voltage
Maximum load transfer time and reverse transfer time
Reverse switching delay (seconds)
Operating temperature range
-20 to +50°C
Load supplied by priority source
Load supplied by alternate source
Priority source fault
Material & Colour
Dimensions (h x w x d)
120 x 255 x 75mm
EN 60335-1, EN 60335-2-29
EN 55014-1, EN 55014-2, EN 61000-3-3,
EN 61000-6-3, EN 61000-6-2, EN 61000-6-1